Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Xorg Updates On Slackware -current

,
Today Slackware -current updates(Feb 1 2011) makes me happy, because there's a lot of Xorg updates. Now I'm using Slackware 13.1 on my laptop and there are several problems like wireless light indicator keeps turn on even I turned it off, a lot of Fn toggle keys combination that not yet work and touch pad that cannot be turned off. I hope with the Xorg updates can fix my problems in the future when I upgrade my system to Slackware 13.2. Thanks to Robby Workman for this updates. applause
There's also added package, xdg-user-dirs to help manage "well-known" user directories like Desktop and music folder. I cannot imagine yet how this package works, but I'm sure there is a better folder management on Slackware 13.2. I just can't wait the Slackware 13.2 to be released and upgrade my system. Banana Cool

1 comments:

  1. I too am patiently awaiting the release of 13.2, as my new notebook will need the latest and greatest tools available in order to function properly! No self respecting linux hacker would burn in a new machine without a fresh install of Slackware.

    ReplyDelete